Welcome to my audio-blog!
Here I'll post shootouts, some personal audio-research and more. Studio-related stuff mostly.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Double garage to studio - #1 Overview

I'm planning to convert our double garage into a sound studio.

This is my second attempt to get a functional room for recording and mixing (last attempt here)


Links and TOC

Goal

My  goal is to have a good place for recording and mixing music, mostly for myself, one instrument at a time -e.g vocal, ac.guitar, percussion. But it should also work for a band with drums, or several people doing voice-over. Sound-isolation aim is 60db. It should also be a nice room to be in.

..edits to come :)

2 comments:

  1. That is interesting, one of my Dads old friends converted his garage on his home in Ottawa into a sound studio, I am not sure how he did it, but it has been on my mind ever since, and I just started teasing the idea of starting on the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is more uptodate:
      http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18383

      Delete