Welcome to my audio-blog!
Here I'll post shootouts, some personal audio-research and more. Studio-related stuff mostly.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Building a small studio - Part 3: Floor, walls and roof

In Part 2 I layed out the overall plan for my sound-studio.
In this post I'll go into the details for walls, roof and floor.

Floor

As it is, the floor is a divided in a section with concrete-slab (no: betong-såle) and a wooden construction on concrete poles.
Concrete-slab and wood

 My plan is this:

The acoustic underlay of 20mm is high-density floor-insulation (no: trinnlydsplater), like this.

Question: The plan for the floor is creating some treaple-leaf-effect. Is it good enough? Any other way to do this?
Qustion: Any alternatives for using the asphalt-plates? 
Isssue: It's not much space below the studs: I don't know how well I can stuff in the insulation, not to mention to put the asphalt-plates on.

Edit: I need to give the studio-floor a second thouht. Maybe it should be reflective and wood-based. Plywood maybe.

Update: http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17820

Walls

Walls are currently studs with "barn-clothing" (no: låvekledning).



My plan is this:


For the walls with door and window (east and west) I plan 2x4" studs with 10cm insulation for the inner walls. That's for easier installation of door and window.
For the two other walls I'm using 1,5x3" studs and 7cm insulation.

Update: http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17826

Roof


My plan for the walls applies for the inner roof as well (1,5x3" / 7cm) .

Before
 Like this:

Updated plan:



<< Prev | TOC | Next >>

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete